Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The question ?

As author Joan Boryseynko says, “The question is not whether we will die but how we will live.”

What will they say about you when your life ends? How do you want to be remembered?

My mom and I discussed this question at length when she turned 60 last year. She told me that at 50, she would have answered, “I want people to say, ‘She was kind.’” Now, at age 60, she says, “I want people to say, ‘She taught me to listen to the Spirit of Truth within me.’” All of my mom’s time is spent in helping others who need comfort and support. She is already living in a way that will yield the answer she desires. I am blessed to have a mother like this.

Take time this week to formulate one or two statements that express what you want people to say about you. (Since I’m asking you to do this exercise, I’ll be vulnerable and share mine. I want people to say, ”She fully loved and accepted people for who they are and where they are in life. She helped individuals, communities and nations to understand their power and to reach their full potential.”)

Write your intentions down. Try to sum it up in a few sentences. Don’t forget to consider the question, “ How does my legacy connect with building a better Nigeria?”

Keep your statement of purpose in a place you will see it every day.

Remind yourself constantly of what you intend to create with your life.

Align your thoughts, words and actions with this purpose and you are sure to be remembered as you wish.

Living on purpose with you,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com

No comments: